Friday, May 23, 2008

The Changing Woods

I wanted to show how our woods changes at this time of year. We go from being able to see deep into the woods to hardly being able to see much at all. So I took pictures of the same woods for about a month. It actually took longer to change than I thought.

This first picture was taken May 2nd. Stephen is pretty far into the woods.

May 4th - not too much change.

May 6th - more leaves up above but you can still see into the woods.

May 8th - the view is filling up with leaves.

May 13th

May 18th - the ferns and raspberry bushes are starting to leaf out as well.

May 23rd - Now we can hardly see into the woods. I can hear the children playing Narnia in the woods, but I can't see them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that about woods!

Mike Bailey said...

now that's a cool sequence. the first photos i started taking when i got my first digital camera were of sunset over a nearby pond/lake. i briefly considered taking a photo there for every day of the year at approximately the same time, but then i realized that was way too much of a commitment. also, it wouldn't show the variation that your woods show. very cool.