Thursday, July 12, 2007

Work, work, work

No pictures today. In the last couple of days, I've been freezing peas, canning green beans (which I will take pictures of later I promise), picking raspberries, freezing pie cherries, feeding the family, and trying to stay on top of zucchini and summer squash. I think I'll have to start the big zucchini bread baking extravaganza soon.

Plus I spared you pictures of the older boys and I mucking out the fryers' coop. What a nasty job. We've already decided that next year, they get a different kind of coop. One that doesn't need litter and one that we can put out in the meadow. We had one fryer die for an unknown reason and we weighed it before burying it. 9 pounds! These are big birds.

We've had another week of gorgeous weather, lots of sun and not too much heat. So once again for another week the inside projects are put on hold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made that zucchini casserole I mentioned to you, except I substituted our summer squash. And it was really good! So I'm thinking...maybe I can turn my Zucchini Bread into Summer Squash Bread. What do you think?! Anything to use up this summer squash.

Technoprairie said...

Yes, you can use summer squash in that recipe. I usually make it half summer squash and half zucchini rather than all summer squash.

Another hint to controlling summer squash is to pick them when they are little. They taste better and you don't have so much to deal with!