Monday, July 30, 2007

A sad sink hole

Today the plumber came to install my new sink. All was wonderful until he showed me that the new sink wouldn't quite fit in the old hole. Almost but not quite. See the gap in the back of the sink?

So I called everyone I could think of and finally tracked down a contractor who could come and cut off a little less than 1/4" of formica off of the back of the hole. Hopefully the plumber can come back and finish up my sink. Before supper. Before my company arrives to stay in my house for two nights. Before I have to wash everything in the laundry room sink.

UPDATE: I have my sink! The contractor widened the hole but then the plumber couldn't come back that day. So he came at 8:30 am today and finished it up. Hurrah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the new sink is all set for you now. Was something wrong with the old one?

By the way, we made the rosemary cookies for Bianca's birthday party. They were delicious! A big hit with everyone.

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

I had one of those white ceramic or poly something sinks that isn't supposed to stain. But once the coating is worn off, it does stain and I could never get it clean enough. Plus the water control was corroding and it was only a matter of time before that failed. So since I hated that sink AND I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, my dh let me buy any sink I wanted.

Glad the cookies were a hit.

Mike Bailey said...

you're going to think this is silly, but i really liked how you wrote this entry.

with fun punchy setences.

with fun punchy sentences that echoed one another.

it revealed real urgency on your part. i virtually FELT your need to get that sink done.

now.

okay, so not every comment of mine is a "winner."

Technoprairie said...

I did need that sink. And the dishwasher since it was also hooked up to the sink. I had to keep an eagle eye on the children to make sure no one poured anything down the drain that went into my cupboard.