Monday, July 16, 2007

A hunting we will go!

We had a friend over today and she wanted to help us pick wild raspberries. So since I had so many helpers, I brought the camera. It was a beautiful morning, sunny and not too hot. Just perfect for picking.


Here's our friend enjoying the picking.

Here's Stephen not quite as enthusiastic. This has been his 3rd time in the woods picking.

We probably got about 4 cups of wild raspberries today. It has been a good year for them. I also took some pictures of the wildflowers appearing this week.

This is a blurry picture of a Spotted Touch Me Not.

I think this is a Tall Bellflower.

This is my dh's favorite wildflower - the Cardinal flower.

This is a Turk's Cap Lily.

I'm pretty sure that this is Swamp Milkweed.

And this is one of the Lobelia family but I'm not sure which one since my wildflower books tell me that there many kinds of Blue Lobelias but they only show a picture of one kind of them.

And someone's sharp eyes found this snake amidst the uprooted roots of a fallen maple.

1 comment:

Mike Bailey said...

great pictures. especially the first and the last.