Saturday, July 14, 2007

A rain day finally!

Finally we had a rainy Saturday. This is the first one since April. So my dh decided to finish the shelf project in the garage. This is how things looked before we started. You can see the corner of the other shelf he made back in April. Then the weather turned nice and we were outside all the time.

Nathan enjoyed sitting on the top of my upright freezer.


My dh attaching the vertical supports.

The finished support structure for the shelves.

And the finished project. Hurray!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the many things I admire about you and your hubby is your diligence in seeing a project through from beginning to end. You seem to be able to accomplish so much, even as busy as you are with four kids and homeschooling.

Too often, Mark and I find ourselves having to do projects in little chunks here and there--in his case, because of travel and work; in mine, because of numerous "deviations" brought on by five youngsters; weariness; and generally low energy. (Can I blame that on age?)

I get a little frustrated with this, since I have a start-what-you-finish personality. So it's refreshing--and inspiring--to see someone who has conquered this issue and does, in fact, get things done.

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

Thanks for the compliments but we're not always that diligent. Maybe I should phonograph the three piles of paperwork that I have yet to go through this summer!