Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saved by a foot (or less)

We had a huge wind storm last night. We were eating inside and it started to rain. I sent Nathan out to the porch to pick up some produce gathering baskets that I didn't want to get wet. He looked out to the garden and then yelled, "Look at that!" I thought for sure that he had seen a tornado, but what he had seen was a tree fall.


And it almost landed on the grapes and asparagus in our garden.


I am so glad it didn't land on the corn. It would have taken it all out.

And on an unrelated note, here is Deborah showing off her cereal face made out of dried sour cherries and dried bing cherries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a dehydrator to dry your foods?

By the way, your daughter is so beautiful! What a sweet little face!

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

Yes, I do have a dehydrator. I asked for one for Christmas last year. I am really enjoying it. The cherries took a long time to dry and I decided that the price for Meijer dried cherries was actually quite good compared to buying your own cherries and running the dehydrator. But as Kim says, you get less sugar if you dry your own.

I made some cherry fruit roll ups (or fruit leather) and those were quite good.