Saturday, July 07, 2007

It's a cherry day

I bought 8 qts of sour pie cherries today at the Farmer's Market. I would have taken a picture, but I was in a hurry to pit them and freeze them. Sour cherries are very delicate and will brown up quickly so we got right to pitting. I froze about 6 qts of them for future pies and am trying an experiment with the other 2 qts. I am dehydrating them in the hopes of making wonderful dried cherries.

But Nathan did take a picture of the large Red Norland potatoes that we got out of the garden today. I'm making German potato salad to take to the church fellowship meal tomorrow. Aren't these beautiful?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the potatoes are beautiful, and I'm sure they'll make a delicious AND attractive potato salad.

On the cherry pies...if you ever have an easy, foolproof recipe for pie crust to share, I'd love to have it. I've never done a pie crust well and so have resorted to cheating with the frozen kind.

Have a wonderful weekend! ~Betsy