Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baseball and Bruises

Tonight was our annual time of helping run the concession stand for our baseball club. The children as usual loved it. The only disappointment is that the popcorn machine is broken. Hopefully they will fix that soon.

It was a much warmer night tonight and while we were waiting to open the stand, Aaron and Stephen went into a field and sat and talked. I took this while sitting in my van. It turned out very cool, I think.

And now for the game. The children thought this would be great to post on the blog. So guess who's bruises are who's. Child #1:?

Child #2: ?

Child #3: ?

Here are the answers: Child #1: Nathan, Child #2: Deborah, and Child #3: Stephen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think #1 is Nathan, #2 is Aaron, and #3 is Stephen. Youch, that last one looks like it hurts.

I think working in the concession stand sounds like a hoot! I'd love that!

Technoprairie said...

I'll reveal the answers later and yes, that last one hurt.

It was fun. The funniest thing is that the boys kept saying to customers, "What do you want?" and I kept correcting them. I guess they couldn't see the difference between "What can I get for you?" and "what do you want?". I told one lady jokingly that perhaps this was a New York concession stand.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed with #2.

Is that what gangrene looks like in its early stages?

Dad

Anonymous said...

Those are fine bruises, boys. Wear 'em proudly!

Do they play ball through a school? Little League? Parks & Rec?

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

They play through an athletic club that is run by a couple of families from our township. We play other townships around the area. We like it because the coaches are good and they are nice (no screaming at the boys) and the parents of the team members are relaxed and aren't yelling at the umpires. So even though we end up losing most of our games, it is still fun for the boys and isn't so stressful.

Plus the home park is only 1 mile from our house. Very convenient.