Sunday, April 06, 2008

Birthday dinner

Deborah and I share the same birthday. So we have started celebrating mine a day or so later than the real day. Tonight my dh put the children to bed early and proceeded to make a wonderful dinner for me while I read the paper and relaxed.

We started with a pear, arugula, and parmesian cheese shavings salad. It had the sweet taste of the pears, the salty taste of the cheese, and the bitter taste of the arugula. Very unusual and very tasty.

Then he grilled out Tbone steaks and made fresh green beans with feta and olives. Both delicious!

I had made dessert. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it. I used the leftover cake parts from Deborah's cake and made a trifle. I layered cake bits, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. It was a good birthday dinner. Fit for a birthday princess!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

A belated happy birthday to you, Karen! The meal looks wonderful...I'm anxious to start grilling again. Did you have any dressing on the green beans?

Technoprairie said...

Yes. The beans were cooked a little and then cooled down. Then he sauted shallots in olive oil and added in olives and the green beans. Finally at the end, he crumbled feta cheese on top.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, what a neat thing to have your husband make a wonderful meal for you! :-) It all looks very tasty!