Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring is officially here

Spring has finally come to the tundra. We have flowers blooming...

... chickens out and about all day...

and all the wood for the fireplace put back into the wood pile and the pretty birch logs in the newly cleaned fireplace. We even moved the couch and bench to the "summer" position so it must be spring.

We spent a lot of this weekend outside. My dh pruned all the apple trees and seeded the bare spots on the trails.

I got out on Sunday afternoon and with the help of Deborah cleaned out the herb garden. I've got a few chives and daffodils coming up.

My dh and I surveyed the garden. No asparagus yet, but we did find where the deer had gotten so desperate this winter that they actually dug down and ate some of the horseradish roots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty croci!
I read somewhere that horseradish spreads like crazy, is that true?
I didn't realize your bench had a "winter" position and a "summer position" ... but I like the idea of cleaning out the fireplace well and having some pretty birch logs to put in it!

Technoprairie said...

It can spread like crazy. But so far, it has stayed in its patch. We have yet to dig it up and make it into horseradish for our use but I think this is the year for that.

Yes, we have a winter and summer position of the bench and couch. We don't have much interior design know how, but I do love having that comfy couch facing the fire during the winter months so we switch positions whenever we start having fires in the fireplaces.

And it was my dh's idea for the birch logs.

Anonymous said...

Gasp! There are living things in your yard! What is this color green? ;)

Technoprairie said...

I know! My dh told the boys to "get out there and get rid of that green stuff so we could see the brown and white of the dead grass again!"