Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall, Food, and Fire

I finished the apple butter the day after the applesauce marathon. This recipe didn't use as much sugar as last year's version. I'm interested in tasting it in about February to see if it is better than last year's. I'm on a quest to find the best applebutter recipe.

Betsy asked for a picture of my pantry when I was done canning. Here you are Betsy. Imagine that the applesauce continues onto the left for about 2 feet and the tomatoes and green beans continue onto the right for about 2 feet. The shoebox is full of shallots and the ice cube container has small onions. The dried food is in the opaque-like plastic boxes.

We had our first bonfire of the fall season and invited several families from church over to enjoy it.

I made a pot of hot chocolate which was enjoyed by all the children.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bee-yooo-ti-full!! I'm glad to see nobody will starve at your house this winter! :-) The only thing I would add is a hand-lettered "Proverbs 31 Woman" sign neatly attached near the pantry. You have definitely earned it.

This week is our applesauce week. And our bulb-planting week, thanks to God and His extension of warm weather for maybe one more week. Bianca wants to try apple butter too. I know I have a crockpot recipe for it around here somewhere. I'll let you know if I like it.

So,when the garden work is over and the long winter sets in, does technoprairie pull out the quilting? You haven't said too much about that.

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

Yes, pulling out the quilting is the dream. We'll see!