Monday, October 22, 2007

Another 20th anniversary trip

My dh took me on another anniversary trip this past week. He took me up to the Leelanau Pennisula on a winery tour. There are about 20 wineries up there now. My parents watched the children for us. We had two good days of weather and thoroughly enjoyed the color and the wine.

One of the first wineries we visited had their tasting room in a converted chicken coop. Some coop, isn't it?

The fall colors were just at their peak when we were there and I took many pictures trying to capture the color.

The next two pictures show Lake Leelanau in the background.




The second day we were there, we took a hike along the Whaleback trail.

It took us over the ridge (the whaleback) and from the end of the trail, we could see Lake Michigan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks beautiful! What a nice anniversary trip!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How many more 20th anniversary trips/dinners/gifts will there be?! Let's see...I think 20 trips for 20 years sounds nice! :-)

Beautiful pictures, by the way!

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

That's what my sister said "20 trips for the 20th"! It was all my dh's idea. He didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket and have everything depend on one big 20th anniversary trip so he hit upon the idea of having the whole year be one big celebration. So every "big" thing we've done this year is part of the celebration. For example on Valentine's Day, I got a Happy Anniversary Card.

And yes, the 21st year will be a bit of a let down :). But I will have lots of great memories from this year.

But then there is the 25th to look forward to, Lord willing.

Mike Bailey said...

i really like the road picture, the one that makes an "S" with the stripe of the road and the fence that curls the other way. good eye, J's DW.