Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun Food

I made kabobs last weekend and they were so pretty that I thought I would take a picture of them.

I also went to a knife skills class and learned the right way to chop vegetables. It was a very useful class. I learned about the right cutting boards and to NEVER put the knives in the dishwasher (the teacher shouted that one out and startled the class) and how to hone them. It was a hands on class and the last thing we did was to make a garnish with a paring knife. So here is my apple swan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you take the class?

I've seen the right way to chop demonstrated, but it always looks too complicated for me.

And I might just rebel if I learned to many rules on how to take care of knives, LOL

Niiice swan, though! :-D And kabobs! I think of them as a lot of work. All that chopping and poking.

Mike Bailey said...

love the apple. very nice.