Saturday, June 21, 2008

The front flower bed is done (mostly)

We finished (mostly) the new front flower bed. We had earlier put in the new sidewalk so we had the old sidewalk bed and some new areas to fill. We ripped out the shrubs that were dying slowly and the ones with thorns that I hated. So here is the front bed before planting.

And a couple weeks later, here is the completed bed. I planted the flowers and my dh leveled the ground and put in the edging. Then together we put down the weed barrier and mulch.

Here's the view from the driveway with our lovely model Deborah. I still need to plant some mums and some iris but I can't do that until the end of summer. This front bed looks so nice that we are eager to fix the other beds around the house. They have too much shrubbery and not enough flowers for our tastes.

No comments: