Saturday, March 07, 2009

I'm back!

We got back on Tuesday from a week's vacation to Tucson.   We had a great time and I'm going to post my trip pics next week.   But first some catch-up pics.

We picked out the seeds for our garden before we left.  As usual, we let the children pick something unusual to grow for themselves.    This year we will be growing white corn, purple green beans, edible yellow pea pods, and white pie pumpkins called Cotton Candy pumpkins.


Tomorrow is my dh's birthday so I made his traditional German Chocolate Cake.  And this year, I let the frosting cool down (as per instructions) and it frosted so much better that way.   

We're zeroing in on the 9000th egg.   But we've also been getting a lot of the double yolked eggs.   As you can see, they are bigger than the regular eggs.  The regular egg is in the front of the picture.   I feel sorry for those hens.

No comments: