Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Ice before the Sun

Yes, I know, the vacation pics are coming. But first a late breaking ice story before we head to the sun. The wind changed direction last night and blew a bunch of ice on Lake Huron up on shore. And I mean a bunch of ice. 

Here's what we saw at the first beach we came to. Interesting but not impressive.

Then we went to a beach a little farther south.   Now these are some impressive ice piles!

Though I don't think these homeowners liked what they saw out their window this morning!

The chunks were big and the children had a fun time clambering up on the hills of ice.

There were many of these 'hills' of ice.   It reminded me of that Shackleton movie that I saw. And yes, the ice chunks did have a tinge of blue to them.

As you can see it was a very very gray day up here today.   A ping pong day, says my dh.   (it looks like you are in the inside of ping pong ball).



2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. What a great family outing! And by the way, Endurance (a book about Shackleton and crew) is one of my favorite adventure stories!

Technoprairie said...

That is a great book. It is such an amazing story.