Monday, July 14, 2008

The chicks are here!

Our new chicks are here! We got the call early this morning (6:45 am) to come get them at the post office.

We bought 30 of them. We bought four breeds: Araucanas, Black Austroloops, Silver tipped Wyandottes, and Delawares. They sold out of our favorite breed, the Dominiques, before we ordered this year. So we are trying some new breeds.

They come in this box and are peeping like crazy whenever we move the box.

Their new home. At least for a while.

And lest you think that I was just lounging around waiting for the chicks to arrive, here is my last week's project. We bought an unfinished bookcase and last week while my dh was away on a business trip, I stained and varnished the pieces. I like the staining but the varnishing is another matter. I always think, "This time, the varnish will go on just right and not bubble or drip." And something always doesn't work quite right. This time, my first coat of varnish was too light. So I lathered on the second coat and I think it will be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicks are cute in pictures from a distance :-)

I am trying hard to imagine you lounging around at all.

Cammra_girl said...

Congrats on the chicks! You'll have to tell us how these breeds turn out.