Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy St. Pat's Day!

We had a wonderful St. Pats dinner last night. Yes, I know that it was one day late, but our friends couldn't make it on Monday night. Please note the glaring John Deere Green suspenders my dh has on.

I made the requisite Corned Beef with Vegetables but since there was thirteen of us, I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't run out of food. So I made a version of Dublin Coddle. It is a big pot of onions, potatoes, sausage, bacon, and apples that sits and simmers for a while. It was delicious. I'm definitely making this before next St. Pat's Day.

Here's the spread (sorry for the blurriness).

And for dessert, I made Irish Whiskey Tea Cake. It was a light cake filled with moist raisins and tasting of lemon and a hint of whiskey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks great! And beats my 3 lonely veggie cabbage rolls! :-)