Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We woke on Thanksgiving to about a 1/2" of snow on the ground. Just enough to make everything look pretty and white. The children were thrilled and went outside as soon as they could to play.

We had a Thanksgiving service at our church at 10 am. This was the first Thanksgiving service our church has had. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at a church family's house. Nice spread, wasn't it?

Happy children before dinner starts.

I made the rolls and the pie. I made two pumpkin pies and a lemon meringue pie. Nathan helped me make the pie. It was so pretty I had to take a picture of it. And it was delicious.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that does look beautiful. I haven't made a meringue in a long time. Looks like a wonderful time!

I notice you have lots of meals-with-a-church-family-after-church ... is that a church thing, or is that just your natural hospitality & get-together-planning you've always been so good at?

Technoprairie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Technoprairie said...

It is a couple of things. First, our church does try to have meals together often. Once a month we have a fellowship dinner after church in the basement.

Also, since we are trying to foster relationships in the church, my dh and I often try and have families out or meet up with other families for a meal.