Friday, November 16, 2007

The cookies are coming!

Don't get mad at me; I don't have all my Christmas cookies done! In fact I wouldn't have even started yet but I had a cookie exchange at church yesterday. So I made a double batch of my favorite cookies (Swedish Pepperkor) so that I would have enough for us and enough for the cookie exchange. They have to be frosted and then left for the frosting to dry hard. And of course, that makes for a great picture.

Besides exchanging cookies, we also made some cookies in a jar. We are giving them to some of the folks in church and to the local charity that maintains a food pantry and clothing closet. It was a lot of fun. We did get flour all over us. Those of us in black and red looked a little funny when we left the church!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty cookies! They almost look like gingerbread. I've never heard of Swedish Pepperkor before.

Have a great Thanksgiving! Will you be cooking, or traveling to visit family?

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

They are gingerbread. They are thin and fairly crisp as opposed to the chewy gingerbread boys.

We are having Thanksgiving dinner at a church member's home. I'm making pie.

Anonymous said...

those are very pretty cookies!

good work!

I haven't even thought about Christmas cookies yet. I've hardly thought about Thanksgiving. Although my guest room looks great. LOL.

seeing those pix of your church building brings back memories.

Technoprairie said...

I really enjoy making and eating those cookies. In fact, I decided last year that these would be my cookies and I would cut them out and decorate them. Then I let each child choose their favorite cookie and they can help and do all the cutting out, decorating etc. I don't even stop them when they put a ton of colored sugar on each cookie. But the Pepperkor are mine.