Thursday, August 16, 2007

20th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was our 20th anniversary. My dh did it up right. This is what I found in my dresser drawer in the morning!


I have always admired a friend of mine's bracelet and now he gave me the same kind. Then later in the day, these arrived at the house.

Here we are ready to go out to our nice dinner. We had a great time together. When we got home, we looked at a video that my uncle had made us. It was of the rehearsal dinner and the picture taking and the reception afterwards. It was a little blurry at times (camcorders were newer 20 years ago) but it was fun seeing all the relatives and friends. My, everyone looked better 20 years ago! Younger and thinner! It was a little bittersweet too. We saw some relatives and friends who have since died. The funniest thing was that video ended with all my relatives laying around my parents' living room looking tired. One of our newly married friends related a story about how his wife's father offered them $10,000 to elope and that she didn't take it, wanting the church wedding. He said, "Why she didn't take it, I'll never know," and then the video ended.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh...the bracelet is exquisite! And the flowers are lovely! I think the fresh peaches surrounding them are a very nice touch!:-)

Between your lovely gifts, your dinner out, the video, and last week's celebratory picnic with other couples, I'd say your 20th wedding anniversary will be one to remember. Congratulations!

Betsy

Anonymous said...

You look as happy as the day you got married. What a fun celebration! Yours was one of the few bridesmaids dresses that I ever wore again!

Here's to the next 20 years!
Love, Diane

Technoprairie said...

Betsy - I think the peaches look nice also but can also serve as a reminder that there is always more work to do :) !

Diane - Wow! Wearing your bridesmaid's dress again. That is a high compliment. Good thing I didn't pick the lavender ones that I was thinking about first!

kimodified said...

beautiful bracelet and roses!

happy anniversary!

May you have another wonderful 20 together!

:-)
kim