Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Summer fun

This year we tried to make solar some-mores. We saw the design in the Family Fun magazine.

It took a long time and finally we gave up. The chocolate was soft but the marshmellows weren't that melted. So I guess it was a nice idea but not a practical one. We'll stick to bonfires from now on.

On an unrelated note, here is my new cutting board (well, new from July). I got it at the Lumberjack Festival at one of the Arts and Crafts booths. Amazingly, it only cost $25!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just waaaay too beautiful to cut on!

~ Betsy

Technoprairie said...

Well, the nice thing about a wood cutting board is that I can sand and oil it and it will look as good as new.

Kim said...

beautiful cutting board!

I've read that we may be too far north for effective solar cooking. Also, you might need a more focused shape to the cooker.

Amy said...

I tried a solar hot dog cooker once. It didn't work. My uncle in Georgia is into solar cooking--he's even done baked potatoes.
(Betsy shared the link to your blog and I've enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures)

Technoprairie said...

Welcome! I think your uncle lives in a better place for solar cooking than up here in tundraland.