Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Garden pics

Welcome Fall! This is our best jack o lantern pumpkin. We really didn't do anything to make it so big. It just sorta rose out from under the vines and surprised us.

Deb's Indian corn turned out nice. It is pale green, pink, and blue.

The tomatoes this year have been great. I made my first bread salad this summer and really enjoyed it.

I cooked up some white pumpkins on Saturday and made a pie. It looked like pale applesauce before all the spices went in. So overall, the pie looked rather brown due to the spices. I did find that I should have put less spices in. I don't think the white pumpkin was as strong tasting as the regular pumpkin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That bread salad looks scrumptious, and so does the pumpkin pie! Could you email me instructions for how you process the pie pumpkins? And also, we made applesauce with all those apples...could you remind me again of your recipe for apple butter in the crockpot? Thanks, Karen!

~ Betsy