Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Festival

Last weekend, we went to another winter festival. This one was centered around ice fishing and outdoor sports. It took place in a local state park. There were hikes to point out animal tracks and owl calling hikes and snowsnake races and dogsleds!

The main reason we went to see an Owl Show. These are birds that have been rescued. Aaron really likes owls and he loved the show. I believe that this is a small screech owl.

This is a Horned Owl. I think. I guess I should have Aaron helping me with this blog.

This is a Barred owl. This is the kind of owl that my dh saw when he was bow hunting this past fall. It came up silently and sat on a branch about 10 feet away, watched the riverbank for a while, and then left as silently as it had come.

And this is a Snowy Owl. I didn't know we got Snowy Owls around here but apparently this is the southern part of their range.


No comments: