Sunday, March 14, 2010

Winter Photos

This last week has melted most of the snow. The sap run seems to be coming to an early end, much to my dismay. We don't have nearly enough sap to even make the same amount of syrup as we did this year.

Here are some pics I took when the snow was deeper and made great pictures.


A beautiful sunrise that Deborah alerted me to.

I made some ice candles this year. They didn't last long because the temp kept hovering around freezing. These have cranberries in them.

My ice candles at night.

This was my experimentation in coloring the water before I froze it. Looks like I need more food coloring next time.


3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Beautiful candles! I like the cranberries in them.

mike, your bro-in-law said...

they are beautiful, and i love the photos. very nice.

Technoprairie said...

Coming from the Iceman, that is quite a compliment.