Sunday, May 03, 2009

We're very very busy and we've got a lot to do ...

Between a trip to see one set of Grandparents and a visit from the other set and the start of baseball season, I've fallen behind on my posts.   So I will try to catch you up on what we've been up to.

First my dh prepared the garden.    First the cultivator...

... then the tiller.   We planted all the early crops the middle week of April and almost everything is up despite the chilly weather we've been having.

In homeschooling news, we made butter for science class.   It was pretty easy and tasted very good.

All of us enjoying our butter on crackers.

Also in science we made models of alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes using marshmellows.

Science is great when you can eat it!

My mother helped us out alot and together we finally got the big signs done.   We had made these big signs in woodworking class 2 winters ago but hadn't painted them.

Aren't they nice?   My mom gets the credit for most of the painting.

This is a Dominique Rooster.

And just today, Deb lost her second front tooth.   Hopefully they grow in before sweet corn season!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Such a beautiful smile, Deborah!