Monday, May 18, 2009

Our Annual Tulip Trip

Last week when the sun was shining and it was too nice to study at home in the basement, we went to our local botanical garden to see the tulips and the azaleas and the flowering trees.    We go every year and we never seem to tire of it.

These were some of my favorite tulips this year.   They looked so dainty and pink.


Some of the daffodils were still out.   They are another one of my favorite flowers.   I like them better than the tulips.

We saw most of the trees at their flowering peak.   I wish the camera could capture more of the total beauty of these trees.

We also found a Yew Maze that we never knew was in the garden.   The children ran through it four or more times before "collapsing" on the ground.

You can now bring in a lunch and eat on the grounds.   For dessert, I had some of that flavored "licorice".   In my opinion, if is isn't black licorice, it isn't really licorice.   Anyway, the children had a good time playing with it.   Deborah is demonstrating the licorice smile.   I guess she thought the phrase was grinning from eye to eye.

Stephen wanted to look like a vampire, but his brothers said he looked more like a beaver.

For every good picture of the family (see first photo), you have to have a silly one.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me want to come back "home" and re-visit some of these wonderful places!

~ Betsy

LTL said...

Spring is so beautiful ! Sounds like you had a great day outdoors.