Friday, January 09, 2009

Sledding Day!

One of the great joys of homeschooling is going sledding when everyone else is in school. Today was just about perfect day for sledding. New snow from last night, no wind, and in the upper 20's. So we headed for the big sledding hill in town and had the hill to ourselves.

We had a great time. Look at that face!

Or this one!

We invited some friends to join us and they did! Sledding is more fun when you can make a big line.


A very enthusiast sledder.

Deb went down one time by herself and said that it took her breath away. After that, she was content to play with the snow on the hill...

...or go down with me. I could never get her to go down by herself again.

Missing are the pictures where Stephen flipped over backwards over one of our friend's boys or when Stephen later skinned his knuckles (no gloves because his hands were getting hot) or when Deb and I ran over my friend's poor 5 year old. As he went over us, I caught at him to make sure that he didn't come down on his head. His head and my jaw connected but thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. Deb got kicked in the head as he went over her. He kinda just shook himself, got a hug from his older sister, and went back up the hill and started sledding again. And after a short cry, Deb insisted that she too was ready to go back up the hill and sled some more. I was the one who wanted to sit down and nurse my sore jaw. Oh to be able to bounce back like the little ones do!

No comments: