Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walk through the woods in fall

Since it was unseasonably warm today and quite a pleasant day, we took a walk through the woods to enjoy the color and to pick up leaves to make fall bookmarks.

I know that I've taken hundreds of tree pictures in the fall but I can't help taking more. I'm always trying to capture the beauty of fall leaves on film. I call this one The Primary Colors of Fall.


We scouted out a potential trail site that would lead to the river. The river is pretty low right now and the boys enjoyed crossing it on the fallen trees.



I really enjoyed seeing the contrast of the red leaves on the green water plants.

2 comments:

Cammra_girl said...

Hooray, more blog posts, very worth the wait - those pictures are breathtaking! I love the yellows and reds. This has to be the best part of the state, think of some people who never see leaves change color!

Mike Bailey said...

very nice.

the leaves in the water. this was a pretty photo, but i know it was prettier to witness in person. there are subtle little movements from the water that create a lovely effect that can't be captured on still-photography. still, i love that nice congregation of leaves.