Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise trip #2

On October 11th, we took the children on another surprise trip. Interestingly, it was also to Frankenmuth. This time we took them to the Fowl Fest, a poultry show for folks in our part of the state.

It was filled with ducks, geese, turkeys, and all kinds of chickens. It was loud. These ducks were black but the flash picked up their green sheen. They were beautiful.

There were rows and rows of chickens. I think this is some kind of Polish breed.

This is a Polish Frizzle. They are described as looking like they have walked into a windtunnel backwards.

This is a Silkie. Their feathers are so fine that they look almost like fur.

I really liked the feather pattern on these next two birds. It reminded me of fabric patterns.


I really liked the dot pattern on this bird. She wouldn't look at the camera anytime I brought it up so I had to be content with this picture.

This is some kind of Blue Polish.

This is another Polish. They looked like they were wearing Easter bonnets on their heads.



4 comments:

Cammra_girl said...

Who knew there were so many types of chickens!

Technoprairie said...

The amazing things is that for every type of regular size chicken, there is a bantam size (smaller) chicken. And there are often several colors per type.

I didn't even post the picture of the game birds, the barred rocks, the bare necked birds, the feather legged birds, and the roosters that looked as pretty as pheasants.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "Wish I were there" but we know that's not true ;-) -- funky birds, though. Those Poles know how to do interesting chickens!

Anonymous said...

We live in very different worlds, sis.