Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise trip #1

Back in September, my dh had a business trip to Frankenmuth. Unknown to the children, he and I conspired to meet him in Frankenmuth and stay overnight at the hotel. The children were thrilled when they figured out where we were going. They were even more excited when we told them that we were staying in a hotel there.

So we met my dh in the early evening and spent the time before dinner walking around the town.

We visited this wall of candy at the General Store.

Deborah really liked the dollhouse display in the basement of the General Store.


Waiting for the Glockenspiel to ring after supper.

The next morning, my dh went to his meeting and we went to the pool.

The children swam for 2 hours.

Then we visited the biggest Christmas store in the US.

Besides tons of ornaments (anyone need an oboe ornament? or a bow hunting ornament?), there were huge Christmas displays all around the ceiling.

Why settle for a boring old green tree when you can have a gold tree or a purple one?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You broke my cardinal rule of "No Christmas before November 1." Did you at least buy me something?