Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why I haven't posted much lately

I've been a bit busy lately. Too busy to post. Busy with this...

... and this ...

... and this. I call this "Tomato Potential Energy". I have about 20 plants and they are loaded like this one. They are still slowly ripening. They will probably all ripen when I'm trying to start school.

On the left is a Roma and the right is a yellow Heirloom tomato called Golden Mama.

By the way, our Araucana eggs got a B ribbon at the fair. And my relish got a second place in the relish category.

We were right about the Ruby Queen corn getting redder. This corn was picked about a week later than the first picture.

And this one was a week later that the picture above.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful produce. Watching the ruby corn grow redder with time is neat!

Anonymous said...

It might be neat to try the "Corn Cob Jelly" with the Ruby Queen cobs. I bet the color would be very pretty! We're still enjoying our dandelion jelly and have a couple of jars of violet jelly left. And several containers of strawberry freezer jam we made this summer.

Betsy

Mike Bailey said...

gorgeous corn.

congratulations on your success!