Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm hip!

Knitting is the "in" thing now. All the cool people are learning how to knit. Or so says my knitting friend Kim. And who am I to argue against hip?

Anyway, I taught myself to knit using a book, getting frustrated with that book, calling Kim, and going to a knitting help website she recommended. The website really helped and here are the results. First I made just a regular knitted washcloth (all knitting, no purling).

Then I made a fancier washcloth with increases and decreases and a fancy dancy patterned yarn over hole along the edge. Note: I did tuck in the ends after I took the picture last night.

Lastly, I made a doll scarf for Deborah. She liked it very much and wants a second one for her other doll.

The happy recipient.

And when did I have time to do all this? On the looooong ride to Illinois and the on the loooooong ride back home. And while I was backing up my computer files. And while I was burning our photos onto CDs so I can clean up the hard drive. Turns out knitting is a great way to still feel productive while your computer is working on something.

No comments: