Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tomatoes and Onions

Well, I canned the last of the tomatoes (for me) on Monday. I also made salsa (pictured below). Now my "U-pick" tomato patch officially opens. It is a good thing that we have friends that like to pick our garden crops when we're finished with them. Altogether I canned 38 qts and 8 pints of tomatoes and 7 pts of salsa. That should be enough to keep these boys in spaghetti sauce this winter.

Nathan harvested some of my onions for me. These were the bunching onions that I didn't pick when they looked like spring onions or green onions. So I guess they will go down in the basement with the rest of the onions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful, the vibrant red on the vibrant blue table!

Your industriousness amazes me.

Anonymous said...

Bianca and I are salivating to see a picture of your pantry, your freezer, and any other spot where you have accumulated this bountiful harvest! I can just imagine jars and jars all lined up with vibrant colors, looking like Nature's work of art...

Betsy

Technoprairie said...

My brother-in-law calls it the Magic Blue table. It makes everything look good.

Technoprairie said...

I'll take a picture in October. After I have the applesauce and the pumpkin canned!