Sunday, January 08, 2012

Visit with Grandma and Grandpa

My parents came for a week of fun and food after Christmas Day and stayed until Jan 2nd.
We played a lot of board games,
 played with Grandpa and Grandma's Ipad,
 card games, 
more board games,
puzzles,
and more card games.   This is Nathan's hand in Quiddler.   Look at all those vowels!
 
Joe made us a surprise drink one night - the Swedish 60.   It is a variation of the French 75 drink.   It was made with aquavit which has an anise taste.  Since I come from a Swedish background, he thought we might find it interesting.
 I liked it.   I especially liked getting a picture of him pouring the drink from our John Deere pitcher!
 Joe also made a copy of the wonderful Poached Pears with Blue Cheese and Walnuts that we had at Molly's this summer with my parents.   They just loved it and my mom was raving about it 6 months later.   So Joe made her some.   He poached the pears for 5 hours in wine, sugar, and water.   Then he cooled them, split them, sprinkled crumbled blue cheese and pecans over the pears, and drizzled them with balsamic vinegar.   They were fantastic and Mom was very pleased.

1 comment:

7 Eagles said...

I am sooo hungry!

~ Betsy