Sunday, February 01, 2009

Squirrel Flag Day

Betcha didn't know that January 30th was Squirrel Flag Day.   What pray tell is Squirrel Flag Day?    My dh has been trying for a year to convince the children that the very first flag of the colonists was a Squirrel Flag.   The squirrel helped save the colonists from hunger.  One such colonist not only was saved from hunger, but I believe the squirrel alerted them to a fire in their house or led the husband back to his cabin in the woods.     She was so pleased that she designed the first Squirrel Flag.   You would have to ask my husband for the whole story.  

Anyway, my sister and brother-in-law put together a great family calendar every year for Christmas and I asked her to put something on the calendar about squirrel flags.   So she did.

To celebrate Squirrel Flag Day, we made my dh a cake and decorated it with the image of the Squirrel Flag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this reminds me -- I learned (too late) that Feb 5th is World Nutella Day!! -- http://www.nutelladay.com/

I'm sure you could celebrate it in secret if you don't want to let the kids in on it ;-)

Mike Bailey said...

great cake!!

i'm impressed.