Saturday, March 05, 2011

Winter Pictures

It's been a long snowy winter (it's snowing right now!). The deer are getting desperate. There isn't much left under the bird feeder after the birds and squirrels finish.
We tapped our maple trees a couple of weeks ago. We've had a slow start to the season. I hope it isn't indicative of the whole maple season.
Deborah, tired out from tromping through the snow.
I used the mock mincemeat that I canned last year from an overabundance of green tomatoes. I liked it but the rest of the family was not that impressed. I made it using an free form pie crust.
Aaron's horse picture, made with colored pencils.
Winter is definitely the time to get under the quilts and read.

2 comments:

7 Eagles said...

Love, love, LOVE the deer photo! That was the perfect winter shot.

I for one AM impressed by the mock mincemeat pie! Great use for green tomatoes. I'd love the recipe sometime. Our neighbor made some really good green tomato jelly with her overabundance last year.

Aaron is quite the artist! Is he an equine lover?

~ Betsy

Technoprairie said...

Aaron was making a picture for a girl in our church that was sick and loved horses.

I thought the mincemeat tasted pretty good myself and I never would have thought that tomatoes were in it. I'll email the recipe to you.