Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skiing and Snow

We've had a lot of snow and it has been great skiing snow. We have really be blessed this winter. Deborah and Aaron have gone out with me many times. But after the last big snow, we had a LOT of snow to plow through to actually be able to ski.


The deer have been active in the woods, scouting around for anything to eat. They've even eaten some of my ornamental lavender which I wouldn't think that they would like.
Our bridge - covered in snow!

So since we're now dedicated skiers, we set out despite the deep snow. That's the tip of my ski that you can barely see in the snow. The way out was tough - slogging through at least a foot of snow.
The way back was much easier but as you can see, it was like skiing in a snow canyon!
But we still enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Skiilng looks fun. I used to cross country ski as a child. Maybe someday I will do it again. :-D

Kim Again said...

Oh, and I really like the bridge-snow picture :-D