Saturday, September 11, 2010

Skeet Shooting!

This August, we went as a family to Skeet Shooting 101, a class given at a local gun club. Everyone got a chance to shoot.

They showed us a video that explained how to shoot clay birds (really clay frisbee like discs) and what the safety rules were. Then we went out to the course and we had an instructor help us.

His name was "Duck" and he was very patient with all of us novices. Aaron is exhibiting the proper stance for skeet shooting by the way.

Deb was too little to shoot so she brought a book and then later amused herself by taking pictures.

My dh did very well as was expected.

And yes, even I shot. I liked it very much and was able to shoot one clay bird from each station (most of the time!).

Deborah captured this picture of me looking quite happy that I got one.


2 comments:

timekeeper said...

I thought the first picture was of your dh. Tell Nathan to stop growing!

Technoprairie said...

Too late! He's already taller and bigger. They were comparing hand spans last night and Nathan's is bigger by about 1/4".