Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

It is a very good time to be at our house. We've had some great meals from our garden crops. Just last week, I made gazpacho with seared watermelon and goat cheese on toast.

These are Stephen's white carrots. They looked more cool than they tasted. They were pretty bland. But they looked cool.

One weekend, I picked 23 melons on Friday, 33 on Saturday, and 21 on Sunday. Good thing everyone loves these melons.

This is an old picture that kept hanging on my list of pics to blog about. Nathan and I made these rainbow muffins for St. Pat's dinner. They dirtied up a lot of bowls, but were actually pretty easy to make.

When the new potatoes and the green beans were just coming on, I made a wonderful Salad Nicoise.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does it. I am coming to your house to live. If nothing else, we will prove that man can live on melon alone.

Love the new picture and bio on your sidebar!

~ Betsy

Technoprairie said...

The children like the new picture also. With my new laptop, I was finally able to figure out how to put a picture of just me on the blog!

We often wonder what will happen when our children meet cafeteria asparagus or peas or carrots having tasted the real stuff straight from the garden!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I will add "cafeteria food" to the list I'm compiling of "Reasons to Homeschool College!"

~ Betsy

Cammra_girl said...

In the words of my roomate "YUM" :) Thanks for always updating your blog - nice to see what you have been up to even if I do not check it as faithfully as I could :)