Saturday, June 30, 2007

Why I'm not caught up on my trip pics

This is why I haven't finished putting on our vacation pictures. The peas exploded. Below is 12 pounds of peas. Took me about 3 1/2 hours to pick them all and about that much time for the children to shell them for me. But it will be worth it to have sweet peas in January.

And today I went and picked wild raspberries. I think I might have gotten about 4-5 cups of them. I didn't think they would be worth the picking since we haven't had much rain. But that half inch of rain on Wednesday must have plumped them out.


Our garden is looking very nice now. Everything is green and nothing is past its peak yet.




2 comments:

Mike Bailey said...

There's something about the food from your garden that screams out to photograph. At least to me. And to you as well, I see.

Admittedly, it screams out to photograph less they it screams out to eat, but that's no surprise. Let me use this blog, technoprairie, to say that you are the best cook I know. I know lots of terrific cooks, including your mother and my wife and mother. but, hey, i'm a truth guy even if i'm not a discretion guy or prudent guy (when it comes to comparing the cooking skills of my loved ones!), and your meals are WITHOUT EXCEPTION genuinely remarkable. i mean worth talking about months and even years after we've eaten them. And they are made all the more remarkable by your garden. So I guess some of the credit goes to your entire family as well.

both the peas and rasberries are beautiful to the eye.

btw, i really like the phrase "plumped them out." i've got to remember that. unfortunately with no garden here i'll have to be creative to find reasons to use that phrase. it doesn't work so well with pinecones.

Technoprairie said...

Thank you so much for the compliment. It pleases me that you think about my meals long after they are gone. Come up anytime you've got a hankering for fried chicken.

We just had our first batch of fresh green beans last night. Delicious.